Sunday, November 11, 2007

Now That's L'Amour

Every so often I get in a nostalgic mood. I was feeling that way today, so I decided to listen to some of my favorite music. Usually, when I get in this mood, I go straight to Country. But today, for some reason, I wanted to listen to rock (classic rock, I guess I'd be called these days). I never did know all the words to some of my favorite songs, and a few of the ones that I did know the words to, I'd forgotten. So, I did a google for song lyrics and ended up spending the better part of the morning listening to music and reminiscing (I know I'm weird). A lot of the lyrics to some of these songs really got to me (probably due to pre-menopausal hormones *grin*). Some of them really tugged at my heartstrings. But, the one song that got to me the most was Bon Jovi's I'll Be There For You. I don't know why I felt this way about this particular song. I've never really been a big Bon Jovi fan (sorry all you BJ lovers out there). I mean, I like them, but they've never been one of my top favorite rock groups. Now, Lynard Skynard, Bad Company, The Allman Brothers, Led Zepplin, The Stones...those are my #1 favorites and the ones that bring back memories of my teen years. Bon Jovi just isn't up there for me. But, for some odd reason, when I listened to this song today, and read the lyrics, I was just blown away. Because this song affected me this way, I thought I'd share the song with you all and see what you think. I'm sure that tomorrow or the next day, when I come back and read this post and listen to the song again, I'll probably ask myself where in the world that came from. But, until then, I'm a Bon Jovi I'll Be There For You fan. I posted the lyrics below. If you'd like to listen to the song just scroll down and click on the player. Pay special attention to the chorus - that's the good part. Enjoy! I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi I guess this time you're really leaving I heard your suitcase say goodbye And as my broken heart lies bleeding You say true love in suicide You say you're cried a thousand rivers And now you're swimming for the shore You left me drowning in my tears And you won't save me anymore Now I'm praying to God you'll give me one more chance, girl Chorus: I'll be there for you These five words I swear to you When you breathe I want to be the air for you I'll be there for you I'd live and I'd die for you Steal the sun from the sky for you Words can't say what a love can do I'll be there for you I know you know we're had some good times How they have their own hiding place I can promise you tomorrow But I can't buy back yesterday And Baby you know my hands are dirty But I wanted to be your valentine I'll be the water when you get thirsty, baby When you get drink, I'll be the wine Chorus Solo And I wasn't there when you were happy I wasn't there when you were down I didn't mean to miss your birthday, baby I wish I'd seen you blow those candles out Chorus Again The End Now that's L'Amour... *sigh* Note: I took out the player because I couldn't get my song to show up, then somehow it magically appeared with a whole playlist that I didn't create. Sorry about that, folks.

No comments: