Sunday, March 15, 2009

Miss Snark's Secret Agent Contest

*Below info snipped from Miss Snark's First Victim Blog Please note: THIS IS NOT A CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS. Anything emailed prior to the opening of the submission window will be deleted. Without further unwarranted tangents: 1. The call will be for the first 250 words of your COMPLETED, EDITED novel. 2. This month's genres are limited to the following: Suspense, mystery, thriller YA and MG mystery/thriller, adventure (no SF/F) 3. I will take the first 50 submissions. Period. The "24 hour window" is a thing of the past, as submissions generally fill up in less than 2 hours. Granted, this is a narrower genre pool. I'm not sure how many mystery and thriller writers will come out of the woodwork for this round, but I'm sure you're out there! Just make sure you submit something polished. 4. Format of submissions (same as ever): SCREEN NAME TITLE GENRE Excerpt 5. Submission email address: facelesswords(at)gmail.com. DO NOT SEND YOUR SUBMISSION TO MY AUTHORESSMAIL address. Email subscribers pay special attention to this, please. Your email subscription comes from the authoressmail account, which is not the submissions address. Full submission guidelines will be posted when submissions open on Monday. PLEASE NOTE: There will be a new time for the start of submissions! This is an experiment, as we're dealing with so many time zones. (Bear in mind that, while I'm sure you'd like to be awake when submissions open, it's imperative that I am awake, too, so I can, yanno, run the contest. In short, I can't accommodate everybody, much as I'd like to.) Submissions will open at 8:00 PM EDT on Monday, March 16. That's 1:00 AM Tuesday morning, London time. For the rest of you, go HERE to determine the start time in your time zone. I'm not sure if this will work for me, since it robs me of Monday afternoon for creating posts. But let's give it a whirl and see what happens. If I drop from exhaustion, you can revive me by sending all sorts of gourmet goodies wrapped in pink cellophane. Please drop your questions in the box!

No comments: