Here are a few Harlequin contests I ran across. There are some awesome opportunities for those of you who are targeting the Harlequin Nocturne Bites or Kimani lines, or if you're looking for a mentor, or looking to get your work in front of an editor or just looking to have some fun.
Have Fun & Good Luck!
"Valentine Secrets": Harlequin Mentor Challenge
How would you like to win a Mentor For A Month? Well, now is your chance! Write a Titled, 1k start to a Valentine's-themed, secret-baby romance. All other details are up to you!
Take part in our Valentine Secrets Challenge and you'll have a chance to learn from Harlequin Desire author and long-time Community Member, Tessa Radley! Tessa started out just like you, right here on the message boards, learning from authors and peers before joining the ranks of our published Harlequin authors and now she wants to give back. She has generously agreed to blind-judge all the entries and select a winner to mentor for a month. All you need to do is write the best Valentine of your life!
Go here for more info, rules and guidelines.
Harlequin Mentor Challenge
Editor Pitch Challenge: Nocturne BITES
We're at it again! And this time, we've got another of your favorite lines for you to send your dark and sexy paranormal entries too! Nocturne Bites is looking for YOUR manuscript and Associate Sr. Editor, Ann Leslie Tuttle will be on hand to take your pitch!
To enter, send a two-paragraph blurb of your manuscript to Hosty Rae by February 17th
Five entries will be chosen by Ann Leslie Tuttle and those will be announced no later than February 22nd.
Pitches will happen February 24th, at 2 pm est. But read the rules below to ensure your entry can be accepted.
• You MUST be able to enter and post inside the eHarlequin.com chat room. If you are unable to use the chat room and your submission is chosen, we will be unable to offer you another venue option and it will be unfair to an entrant who is able.Editor Pitch FAQs
• You MUST have a completed manuscript that is targeted to Nocturne Bites. Editors have the option to request partials or fulls.
• You MUST be available at the given chat time. As stated above, we will be unable to offer another venue or time option.
• Please include your member name, your full name along with your submission.
Editor Pitch Challenge
eHarlequin Nocturne Bites
Editor Pitch Challenge: Kimani Romance
We're at it again! And this time, we've got another of your favorite lines for you to send your sexy, dramatic, sophisticated and entertaining love story entries too! Kimani Romance is looking for YOUR manuscript and Senior Editor, Kelli Martin will be on hand to take your pitch!
To enter, send a 1-page dbl-spaced synopsis ( not to exceed 250 words ) of your manuscript to Hosty Rae by March 1
- Five entries will be chosen by Kelli Martin and those will be announced on or around March 4th.
- Pitches will happen March 9th, at 11 am est. But read the rules below to ensure your entry can be accepted.
- NO multiple submissions.
- NO Attachments. Please include your entry in the body of the email. If your submission is sent via attachment, it will not be entered.
- You MUST be able to enter and post inside the eHarlequin.com chat room. If you are unable to use the chat room and your submission is chosen, we will be unable to offer you another venue option and it will be unfair to an entrant who is able.
- You MUST have a completed manuscript that is targeted to Kimani Romance. Editors have the option to request partials or full.
- You MUST be available at the given chat time. As stated above, we will be unable to offer another venue or time option.
- Please include your member name, your full name along with your submission.
Kimani Romance Editor Pitch Challenge
Patent Your Kiss Contest
So pucker up!
Next year it's not who you kiss at midnight but where
We want to hear all about your unique kiss, from romantic to downright quirky. And if yours gets the most votes, you could win a trip for two to spend New Year’s Eve 2012 in fabulous style.
3-Night, 4-Day trip for 2 to Paris Las Vegas Hotel and Casino + Airfare
Hurry! You have until March 30 to design and submit your kiss. The winner will be chosen from the top ten kisses with the most votes. So don’t forget to vote for your favourite kisses in the gallery too!
Contest ends 30/03/11. Click here for details.
Harlequin Patent Your Kiss Website
Patent Your Kiss Contest
From the Harlequin Office for the Preservation of the Kiss
The kiss is the cornerstone of romance. It can change lives, break hearts, start a rumor or ignite passion. The mission of this office is to preserve and celebrate the kiss and we have done so proudly for more than 60 years. So pucker up and come see the important work we do.