Saturday, November 28, 2009

Do You Tweet?


Okay, you guys, I did it. I joined Twitter. I'd been hesitant to do so, because really, I belong to way too many social networks as it is and I didn't want to add another to my already way too big list of social sites, but, I've heard SO much about Twitter, I just had to check it out.

Now that I joined, the thing is, I really don't know what to Tweet. I've been watching and reading the people I follow so as to get an idea what it's all about, and what I've discovered is that you basically just Tweet about anything.

Some Tweet about personal stuff, like what they're doing or what they've done, where they're going or what they ate. Some market their books, some post links to blogs, websites, contests and such, and some Tweet about nothing in particular. In other words, you can Tweet about whatever floats your boat. :)

I'll admit I really like the short and to the point info. Love it. You don't have to read through tons of stuff just to get to the meat of the subject like you sometimes do on email groups. That's a HUGE plus.

I'm a little shy about Tweeting. Don't know why. I've been blogging for over a  year, and I belong to tons of writers eloops (where I lurk a LOT). So far I Tweeted once and I did one retweet (Woo-hoo. You go girl!). Guess it's going to take me a little while to get used to it.

So, do you Tweet? If so, feel free to follow me. And please bear with me, as I'm new to this and am just learning the ropes. :)

Happy Tweeting!
http://twitter.com/CarolBurge

P.S. FYI, I ran across some good blog posts about tweeting. I've listed them below if you're interested.

Twitter Articles
How To Use Twitter - Tips For Bloggers
Rajesh Raina [dot] net

No comments: