The Wild Rose Press Introduces a Special Submission Call from Crimson Rose Jewels of the Night…
WHAT MAKES THIS SUBMISSION CALL SPECIAL?
One submission will be chosen at random to launch the series. The selected contract will be given a premium publishing slot during Crimson month (November, 2010) as well as a featured review and interview with the review site Once Upon a Romance. The selected story will be showcased on the Crimson Rose Page of The Wild Rose Press website and the Behind the Garden Gate blog. The Wild Rose Press will provide an advertising book banner to the author. Once Upon a Romance will also display this book banner without charge for a thirty day period beginning with the day of book release.
Must involve a blue diamond. It could be a treasure hunt or a midnight thief or… Let your imagination take flight!
- Must involve a high level of danger
- Can be in any region of the world
- Can be any timeframe as long as the most prevalent elements are romance and intrigue
- Stories must be complete. With a word-length between 20,000 and 60,000 words (miniature rose or rosebud length)
- Must be an original, never-before published work and you must own the rights to it.
- To qualify for the launch, submission must arrive on or before March 31, 2010
- Manuscripts must be formatted per standard formatting rules (Times New Roman, 12 pt, double-spaced, 1 in. margins, numbered pages)
- Submission call is open to both published and unpublished writers
- Story content must adhere to posted Crimson Rose guidelines as posted on the submissions page of www.thewildrosepress.com
Email your manuscript as a single Word .rtf attachment to Lori (at) thewildrosepress.com
Put: “Jewel of the Night Series: Manuscript Title: YOUR NAME” in the subject line In the body of the email, include:
- The synopsis
- Your Real name
- Pseudonym, if applicable
- Your contact email
Submissions received that do not follow these guidelines will be discarded without notice. The Wild Rose Press is not responsible for submissions lost in cyberspace and not received.
Upon receipt, you will receive a confirmation email. If you have not received a confirmation email within five working days of emailing your submission, please send us an email.
Direct questions regarding this submission call to: Lori (at) thewildrosepress.com.
If you have received receipt of your submission, please do not inquire about status until after standard response wait time. All entrants will be reviewed per our normal submission guidelines which are available at http://www.thewildrosepress.com/ .
The Wild Rose Press
WRP CR Submission Page