Saturday, July 28, 2007

Everything Happens for a Reason

I've heard it said often enough. And I've said it as well as thought it.
Everything happens for a reason.
Synchronicity. That's the word I'm looking for. Since I started writing again things have been falling into place really easy. And it's starting to spook me. I believe someone or something is trying to get my attention. They're trying to tell me "It's now or never." And I'm beginning to listen. Not only am I really pumped and excited about writing again, I've learned that western historical's (what I write) are making a come back. I've been told by numerous writers that this is the up and coming trend. Eight or nine years ago it was chicklit. These days it seems to be paranormals. But, that just might change. And I'm a happy camper! I haven't heard news like this about historical western romance's since I began writing about nine years ago, so I'm real excited. I'm sure other western romance author's are as well. I've confirmed this prediction with articles as well as with people that actually attended the RWA National Conference in Dallas a few weeks ago. When I've heard things like this in the past, it usually panned out, so I believe it's true. I started this blog and I've been sticking to it. I actually look forward to writing my little posts and picking out just the right graphic. In the past I've tried to keep hard copy journals but I just never stuck to it. I don't know if it's because I tend to write more personal in a notebook journal that I do here, or if I'm afraid someone will find it and read all my personal feeling. I've been more productive since I started this blog. And that's good. I've been making friends with other romance writers. They've been encouraging me and wishing me well with comments and such on my writers sites. In the past I sort of stuck to myself. On writers lists and such I stay in the background. I guess you could call me a "lurker." Not because I'm stuck up or unsociable, but because I'm more of a loner. I'm really very shy and I stay to myself. People tend to get the wrong impression because of it, but that's just the way I am. Always have been. Just yesterday I was trying to think of a simple way to to re-do my outline, as per the advice from First Draft in 30 Days. I'd planned on just creating a new word doc and re-writing my edits from a hard copy. Then out of the blue, a writers list I belong to sent a link to download some really awesome free notecard software. And what's really weird about this is, I was just wishing I had something like this to work with. I don't know about you, but, I think this just about says it all.

No comments: