Friday, January 25, 2008

Need A Diversion? Try FreeRice

Need a diversion, a hem...I mean, want to improve your vocabulary? Try this site - FreeRice. I warn you, though - this site is ADDICTING! They chose a word from their database, and you pick the answer that best defines it. If you get it right, the next word will be a little bit harder, if you guess wrong, you get an easier word. For each word you get right, they (the advertisers listed on the website) donate 20 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program. I kid you not, I spent hours playing around! You can download a banner and link to them, too. Just for fun (I thought it was cute - I know, I'm a dork), :) here's their warning: WARNING: This game may make you smarter. It may improve your speaking, writing, thinking, grades, job performance...

Photobucket

Have fun - and don't say I didn't warn you! FreeRice http://www.freerice.com/index.php

No comments: