Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I'm On A Roll Once Again

I'm on a roll once again - a contest winning roll, that is! In a previous post, I told you about the surprise package I got in my snail mail a couple of weeks back. Remember, the five books and bookmarks I won from Author Ann Christopher November contest? Well, if you'll recall, right after that I won a can of Kuma Sutra honey dust. Then, this past Sunday I got an email notification saying I won the Night Owl Romance Yahoogroup Door Prize. Talk about surprises! LOL Then, guess what? Apparently, my name was picked for Kate Walkers 12 Days of Christmas drawing, because today I received a package (in the snail mail) from Leena Hyatt at My Tote Bag, that included an autographed copy of The Antonakos Marriage by Kate Walker, a Kate Walker promotional pen, a Kate Walker book bag, a hand painted Christmas card and bookmarks. How cool is that? Then today, I was doing my daily blog routine (catching up and reading my favorite blogs), and guess what - when I got to Paperback Writers blog, there was my name listed as one of the three "Bookwish" winners! OMG, what a surprise! What's a bookwish, you ask? *A BookWish is any book of your choice that is available for order from an online bookseller, up to maximum cost of $30.00 U.S. I will throw in any applicable shipping charges involved. Woo-hoo! How cool is that? I'm so excited! I don't even remember entering some of these contests. Even though it may seem like it, I'm not a contest junkie. I don't go looking for them and I don't enter every single contest or drawing I run across, but I do enter a lot (as you can see). What happens is, when I do my unusual, daily routine reading blogs, if there's a contest, I'll enter. Simple. I guess there is something to that old saying "you can't win if you don't play!" Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Cole Reising said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful Holiday set of gifts! =)

Cole

Carol Burge said...

Thanks, Cole! I'm having a great time! :)

Happy Holidays!