- 1. We’ll only accept entries that are posted in the comments section of this blog article. No e-mailed entries will be considered.
- 2. Include your title and the first 100 words of your book. Now, we’re not saying to leave us hanging mid-sentence here. Stop wherever the previous sentence ends, but do not exceed 100 words.
- 3. The same work cannot be entered in more than one genre. If you think your book straddles more than one genre, you’ll have to pick one. We will, however, accept multiple works from the same author in the same or different categories.
- 4. Once the material is entered, it’s your final entry. We won’t allow revised versions of the same work.
- 5. We’re accepting excerpts of both finished and unfinished works.6. The deadline is tomorrow, February 20th, at 9:00 a.m. EST.
- And in case you’ve forgotten, the prize is a critique of the query letter, synopsis, and first chapter of the winning entry!
- The winner will e-mail us the additional material and we’ll provide our notes privately, not on the blog. We will, however, discuss what we liked about each winning 100-word entry on the blog, and will pull out a few honorable mentions to highlight other excerpts that came close and why.We’ll post the winners in a few days and then move on to the next genre: Erotic Romance!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Bookends Contest #2
Bookends has moved on to the PARANORMAL ROMANCE/ROMANCE WITH FANTASY ELEMENTS/FANTASY WITH ROMANTIC ELEMENTS CONTEST! Here are the rules: