Friday, August 10, 2007

HarperCollins Struggling Writer MySpace Promotion

Harper, which is an Imprint of Harper Collins, just posted this to their MySpace blog:

Friday, August 10, 2007 Struggling Writers - Come on in! Current mood: Generous Are you a struggling writer? We love struggling writers. You're our favorite people. We want to hear about your novel. Here's the deal - be our friend (I'm feeling needy today) - and send us an email with a FIVE sentence max description of your novel and a THREE sentence max description of YOU. A link to a writing sample is always helpful, too (we won't count the link as one of the EIGHT sentences you're allotted) and please include your email address so we can get back to you.Who knows what could happen....

Of course I submitted my blurb and bio for Dangerous Desires. It was harder than I thought to do just a few sentences. Thankfully, I had both already completed and in a file from a writing class. All I had to do was rearrange a few words from the blurb and cut a part of my bio to make it fit their request. Here's what I sent them.
Description
To avoid an arranged marriage, Mairin O'Donnell flees her South Texas home, only to fall into the arms of the devilishly handsome Santana, a notorious Juárista Rebel fighting for The Cause in Mexico.
Bio
Since her teens, Carol Burge has read romance novels. It wasn't until 1999 that she tried her hand at writing one. The result, a single title historical western romance entitled Dangerous Desires.
I wonder what they're planning? I'll let you know if/when I find anything out.

No comments: